The Concert Hall in Milton Court is a flexible, professional venue in which instrumentalists and singers will rehearse and perform. It is suitable for solo recitals, chamber ensembles and medium-sized orchestral performances, plus rehearsals for a full-sized symphony orchestra. The Hall will also regularly welcome children from inner London boroughs working with our community outreach programme, Creative Learning.
The acoustics, designed by industry experts Arup Associates, are of the highest quality. With 608 seats on two levels, the hall has the largest audience capacity of any of the London conservatoires – comparable with the Wigmore Hall – with public performances in the heart of the City of London that showcase the talents of the School’s musicians. As well as regular student use, the Milton Court Concert Hall will also be used by the Barbican’s two new Associate Ensembles - the Academy of Ancient Music and Britten Sinfonia – where part of their Barbican season performances will take place, for Barbican classical and contemporary own promotions and commercial hire. Visit the Barbican website for further information.
To find out about hiring Milton Court Concert Hall for your concert visit the Barbican website.
The Concert Hall features:
• fully-adjustable acoustics to suit each type of performance
• a multi-functional, extendable concert platform (up to 12.4m by 13.7m)
• state-of-the-art audio and digital broadcast systems
• adaptable lighting with automated console
• integral piano lift to the concert platform
• assisted-listening system
• high-quality green room facilities, with accommodation for visiting international soloists
With 608 seats on two levels, the hall has the largest audience capacity of any of the London conservatoires