The Reflective Conservatoire Conference 2015: Creativity and Changing Cultures
Thursday 26 February - Sunday 1 March 2015
The Guildhall School of Music & Drama’s Reflective Conservatoire Conference is held every three years and is an established feature of the international events calendar.
The Conference brings together leading performers, teachers and researchers from all over the world to address the key issues in Higher Education within music and drama, explored through a series of performances, practical workshops, keynote speeches, curated sessions, seminars and round-table discussions.
The 4th international Reflective Conservatoire Conference, ‘Creativity and Changing Cultures’, will take place in London at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama (including our flagship new building, Milton Court) and the Barbican Centre from Thursday 26 February to Sunday 1 March 2015.
Booking now open
If you have any specific enquiries please email email@example.com
Themes in 2015, with possible areas of interest:
Creativity, playfulness and improvisation | artistic development | experiential learning
- meeting points
- shared values
- interrogating differences between art forms
The world in 2020 and beyond
- conservatoires in society
Viewpoints on the developing artist
- flow of exchange between teachers, alumni and professionals
- Ricardo Castro: pianist, conductor and founder of Brazil’s NEOJIBA youth music training programme
- Liz Lerman: choreographer, dancer, educator, writer, and creator of the Critical Response Process, a rigorous feedback system for developing work in progress
Call for Papers now closed
The deadline to submit an abstract proposal was Monday 14 July 2014.
All outcomes known by Friday 26 September 2014.
Now on sale
- Full Conference Package: £375 (full conference, includes all meals except conference dinner on 28 February) - book now!
- Conference Dinner, 28 February: £75. This is not included in any Conference tickets and should be booked as a separate item - book now!
On sale soon
- Single full day rate, 27 or 28 February: £125
- Single short day rate, 26 February or 1 March: £75
Conference Fee includes: registration fee, all refreshments and drinks receptions plus lunch on 27 & 28 February, entrance to all Conference sessions at the Barbican Centre and Guildhall School.
The Conference takes place at various venues within the Guildhall School.
Past Conference titles
2012 - Performing at the Heart of Knowledge
2009 - Building Connections
2006 - Apprentices and Sorcerers?