The Reflective Conservatoire Conference 2015: Creativity and Changing Cultures
Thursday 26 February - Sunday 1 March 2015
The 4th international Reflective Conservatoire Conference, ‘Creativity and Changing Cultures’, took place in London at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and the Barbican Centre from Thursday 26 February to Sunday 1 March 2015.
The Reflective Conservatoire Conference 2015 website can be found at: www.reflectiveconservatoire.org.uk.
Themes in 2015 were:
Creativity, playfulness and improvisation | artistic development | experiential learning
- meeting points
- shared values
- interrogating differences between art forms
The world in 2020 and beyond
- conservatoires in society
Viewpoints on the developing artist
- flow of exchange between teachers, alumni and professionals
- Ricardo Castro: pianist, conductor and founder of Brazil’s NEOJIBA youth music training programme
- Liz Lerman: choreographer, dancer, educator, writer, and creator of the Critical Response Process, a rigorous feedback system for developing work in progress
Past Conference titles
2012 - Performing at the Heart of Knowledge
2009 - Building Connections
2006 - Apprentices and Sorcerers?
Keynote speaker Liz Lerman speaks to conference director Professor Helena Gaunt - watch the video
Download the schedule
You can download the full conference schedule here (PDF, 269KB), or view below: