The Guildhall School has now completed a major building project to expand its facilities. Milton Court, based across the road from the current Silk Street building, opened in September 2013, providing the School with state-of-the-art performance and teaching spaces including:
• a 608-seat Concert Hall
• a 223-seat Theatre
• a Studio Theatre
• three major rehearsal rooms
• TV studio suite
Tickets are now on sale for the inaugural performance season by Guildhall School students and some of our prestigious alumni.
View our campaign video to find out about the project, and the Campaign for Milton Court which is raising money for the new building:
Students, staff and public visitors to the School will experience world-class performance venues and training spaces:
• Instrumentalists and singers will rehearse and perform in solo recitals, chamber ensembles and orchestras in the new Concert Hall, with top quality fully-adjustable acoustics and the largest audience capacity of any of the London conservatoire concert halls
• Actors will rehearse and perform in a traditional proscenium arch, multi-level Theatre and an intimate, adaptable Studio Theatre, both with high-quality dressing room facilities. They will also train for film and television work in the dedicated TV studio suite and use rehearsal rooms with sprung floors, moveable screens and lighting and sound facilities
• Theatre technicians will use the latest stage technologies in the Theatre, including fully-automated power flying and state-of-the-art lighting, sound and audio-visual facilities. They will also have production offices, seminar rooms and a dedicated computer-aided design training room
• Opera singers will use the Theatre for smaller opera performances, the TV studio suite for video requirements, and the Rehearsal Rooms with sprung floors, moveable screens and lighting and sound facilities
• Children from inner-London boroughs will work with Creative Learning, the School’s joint outreach programme with the Barbican, in the Concert Hall
• Public audiences will experience world-class performances in world-class venues, and meet, eat and drink in bright, open, well-furnished public foyers on two levels
There will also be other teaching, meeting and administrative spaces, complementing and extending those currently in use in the Silk Street building.
The Concert Hall will also host a year-round programme of classical and contemporary music presented by the Barbican and its artistic partners. Visit the Barbican website to learn more.
Read more about Milton Court: