The Reflective Conservatoire Conference 2015
Creativity and Changing Cultures
Save the Date!
Thursday 26 February - Sunday 1 March 2015
The Guildhall School of Music & Drama’s Reflective Conservatoire Conference is held every three years and is an established feature of the international events calendar.
The Conference brings together leading performers, teachers and researchers from all over the world to address the key issues in Higher Education within music and drama, explored through a series of performances, practical workshops, keynote speeches, curated sessions, seminars and round-table discussions.
The 4th international Reflective Conservatoire Conference, ‘Creativity and Changing Cultures’, will take place in London at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama (including our flagship new building, Milton Court) and the Barbican Centre from Thursday 26 February to Sunday 1 March 2015.
BOOKING NOW OPEN!
If you have any specific enquiries please email email@example.com
Buy tickets for the conference here
Themes in 2015, with possible areas of interest:
Creativity, playfulness and improvisation - artistic development - experiential learning
- meeting points
- shared values
- interrogating differences between art forms
The world in 2020 and beyond
- conservatoires in society
Viewpoints on the developing artist
- flow of exchange between teachers, alumni and professionals
Keynote speakers in 2015 include:
- Ricardo Castro: pianist, conductor and founder of Brazil’s NEOJIBA youth music training programme
- Liz Lerman: choreographer, dancer, educator, writer, and creator of the Critical Response Process, a rigorous feedback system for developing work in progress
Conference Director: Professor Helena Gaunt, Assistant Principal (Research and Academic Development)
Call for Papers now closed
The deadline to submit an abstract proposal was Monday 14 July 2014.
All outcomes will be known by Friday 26 September 2014.
Buy tickets via the booking page.
NOW ON SALE
- Early Bird Conference Package - before 30 November 2014: £325 (full conference, includes all meals except conference dinner on 28 February)
- Conference Dinner, 28 February: £75. This is not included in any Conference tickets and should be booked as a separate item.
ON SALE SOON
- Conference Package (full price): £375 (full conference, includes all meals except conference dinner on 28 February) - on sale from 30 November (when Early Bird ticket offer expires)
- Single full day rate, 27 or 28 February: £125 - on sale shortly
- Single short day rate, 26 February or 1 March: £75 - on sale shortly
Conference Fee includes: registration fee, all refreshments and drinks receptions plus lunch on 27 & 28 February, entrance to all Conference sessions at the Barbican Centre and Guildhall School.
The Conference takes place at various venues within the Guildhall School.
Past Conference titles:
2012 - Performing at the Heart of Knowledge
2009 - Building Connections
2006 - Apprentices and Sorcerers?