Guildhall Creative Entrepreneurs
We are currently accepting bookings for our Creative Entrepreneurs 3-day Short Course in March 2017. Find out more here.
Business incubator for creative start-ups
Guildhall Creative Entrepreneurs is the School's business incubator for creative start-ups, offering enterprise training, mentoring and funding support to aspiring entrepreneurs in the performing arts and creative industries. In today’s world, arts practitioners and creative professionals need to be self-starting and entrepreneurial. This scheme helps aspiring entrepreneurs jumpstart their business idea or grow an existing enterprise and create sustainable businesses.
Find out more about the scheme by the watching the video above.
Run in partnership with award-winning social enterprise Cause4, Guildhall Creative Entrepreneurs offers an accelerated 12‐month programme (September to September). In the course of the year, participants have access to:
- Mentoring and Coaching: an average of 30 hours of tailored, one-to-one support provided by Scheme leaders and a range of external contacts from UK experts. Current mentors include professionals from PricewaterhouseCoopers, Amati Global Investors, The Culture Capital Exchange, Artichoke, the BBC and the City of London Corporation (including the Barbican Centre).
- Office Space: access to central London office space, including free Wi-Fi and use of utilities and kitchen space. Entrepreneurs are entitled to approx. 20 hours of office space access per week, which equates to £15,600 in office costs across the duration of the Scheme.
- Networks: access to citywide organisations including Deutsche Bank and the City of London Corporation, along with introductions to start up growth networks, including UnLtd.
- Training: an average of 80 hours of seminars and workshops on core entrepreneurial management skills , such as business planning/company structure, digital development, sales, marketing, building teams, leadership, finance and pitching.
- Events: an average of 15 special events per year, including regular evening talks and a range of networking events featuring prominent figures from the entrepreneurial world and creative industries. Previous speakers include David Sabel, Director of Broadcast and Digital at the National Theatre and Tony Woodcock, former president of the New England Conservatory.
- Funding Advice & Support: including the opportunity to pitch to select investors, funders and supporters at an organised pitch event towards the end of the 12 months.
Find out more
For more information about the Scheme’s content and how to apply, visit our Join the Scheme section.
Applications for the 2016/17 Scheme are now closed. To join our waiting list or if you are interested in finding out more about how you can develop your entrepreneurship skills get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Creative Entrepreneurs Short Course
We are constantly looking to develop our offer to reach and support as many creatives as possible. In addition to expanding our core Scheme, we are developing a complementary set of services to reach a wider, more diverse audience, including our upcoming Creative Entrepreneurs Short Course.
Meet our Creative Entrepreneurs
Find out more about our entrepreneurs.
Find out more about our partners Cause4.
*NB. Guildhall Creative Entrepreneurs is open to all applicants with the legal right to live and work in the UK. We are currently unable to sponsor Visa applications for participation to the programme unless an applicant is currently enrolled or has graduated from a Guildhall School accredited degree programme. Guildhall School current students and alumni might be eligible to submit a visa application via the institution. To find out more please get in touch at CEntrepreneurs@gsmd.ac.uk