Headline fees for 2022/23
Headline fees for 2022/23
Research programmes (Home) - £6,219
Research programmes (Overseas) - £14,120
Please note, subsequent years of study will be charged at the rate for that year.
View the full fee schedule on the Fees and Funding page.
Guildhall School Financial Assistance
Please note Postgraduate Research Students are only eligible to apply for fee waivers.
Postgraduate Doctoral loans are available to help new students starting an eligible doctoral degree course in 2022/23 with the cost of their tuition fees and living expenses. These are non-means tested, repayable doctoral student loans.
In 2022/23 you could borrow up to £27,892 over the duration of the programme.
Courses can be studied full-time or part-time and must last between 3 to 8 years inclusive. You only need to apply once for the Postgraduate Doctoral Loan. Your loan payments will be spread out across all the academic years of your course and will be divided equally across each year of your course.
Please note: You can apply for a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan amount in any year of your course but if you apply after the first year, you might not get the maximum amount. A doctoral student's total loan entitlement is capped per academic year.
Whether you qualify depends on several criteria including:
- previous study
- nationality or residency status
You will not be able to get a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan if:
- you’ve received or will receive Research Council funding (for example, studentships, stipends, scholarships and tuition fee support)
- you’re already getting payments from Student Finance England for another course that you’re studying
- you’ve received a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan before - unless you left your course due to illness, bereavement or another serious personal reason
- you already have a doctoral degree, or a qualification that’s equivalent or higher
- you’re receiving a doctorate by publication
- you’re behind in repayments for any previous loans from the Student Loans Company
For more details, please visit the government student loans website.
External & International Funding
The School expects you to take the initiative in supporting your studies and we advise you to apply to as many sources of funding as possible.
To help you find funding opportunities, the School provides guidance on potential sources of external funding such as charities, foundations and educational trusts.
Please note: If you are studying on the doctoral programme or on a non-degree course (eg. Artist Diploma), Guildhall School does not participate in the US Federal Aid Loans program for these courses.
For more information, please contact our Student Funding Officer at 020 7382 7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org