Monologue Bootcamp prepares potential Drama School applicants for the competitive audition process, through a series of workshops to help participants research, interpret and deliver a monologue.
It runs in collaboration with Leeds Conservatoire, and is free for participants.
Workshops to include:
- Where to look, how contrasting is contrasting and other monologue mysteries
- Bringing voice and movement to your monologues
- Modern plays and contemporary monologues
- Demystifying classical monologues
- Solo prep for solo text
- Self-tape skills
- Auditioning and student life at Guildhall School of Music and Drama and Leeds Conservatoire
Monologue Bootcamp will run twice in 2023. Both Bootcamps will be in person.
Wednesday 2 August - Friday 4 August 2023 - Leeds Conservatoire, for those in travel distance from Leeds.
Wednesday 30 August - Friday 1 September 2023 - Guildhall School of Music & Drama, for those in travel distance from London.
- Be seriously considering applying to Drama School for September 2024 entry.
- Be aged 17+ at the time of the course (please note that if you are currently in year 12 and will turn 17 in August 2023 you may still apply, even if this means you are 16 when the course takes place)
- Be UK-domiciled.
- Have no previous experience of Higher Education.
- Be available for all sessions.
- Be state-educated, or have been state-educated if they are no longer in secondary education.
Applicants should also meet one of the following criteria:
- Live in a household which receives Universal Credit OR which has an income of under £33k.*
- Be in receipt of Free School Meals OR in receipt of a 16-19 bursary via their school or college.*
- Have a home postcode classed as Quintile 1 or 2 in the POLAR4 dataset
- Have a home postcode classed as decile 1-4 in the IMD dataset (column ‘F’ in downloadable file, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check)
- Identify as Black, Asian or ethnically diverse.
- Live in care, be a recent care leaver or care experienced within the last 5 years OR estranged from their family.*
- Have a disability.*
If you have previously participated in Monologue Bootcamp you are not eligible to apply for it again.
*evidence for these criteria will be required with your application.
You can apply to Monologue Bootcamp via the application form below. Applications will close on:
Sunday 23rd July for Bootcamp North
Sunday 13th August for Bootcamp London
Please note that information provided in the application form will be shared with the Access and Participation teams at Guildhall School and Leeds Conservatoire.