Undergraduate and Postgraduate requirements
The application deadline for September 2023 entry is 3 October 2022, but late applications are welcomed until 13 January 2023.
Please note that the assessment process will commence in January 2023.
Application and assessment process
- Make an online application via our application portal, eGo
- Send us a portfolio of work by no later than 20 January 2023. Please check the ‘portfolio’ information given below.
- If you are successful at portfolio review stage, you will be sent a creative task, which must be completed and returned 24 hours prior to your interview. Please read through the ‘creative exercise’ section below for more information.
- Interviews will take place remotely in March 2023 (via Zoom). Please check the interview information below.
Please submit a portfolio containing a résumé of your experience in Electronic Music to date and media examples of this experience. This is your main opportunity to ‘showcase’ your experience, ability and potential. Quality, creativity and diversity are more important than length so please avoid saturating your portfolio with material and concentrate on submitting a small selection of your best work. We ask that portfolios contain no more than 10 minutes’ worth of material, although you are welcome to include links to additional material if you wish.
Portfolios should be submitted via a Dropbox link which will be provided to you by email shortly after 13 January 2023. Portfolios must be received by no later than 20 January 2023. All portfolios will be reviewed following this deadline.
If you satisfy the panel with your initial portfolio submission, you will be invited to the next stages of assessment as detailed below. Some applicants will not progress to the creative task/interview stages of the process and will be notified accordingly.
One week before the interview, you will be sent details of a short creative exercise to be completed on electronic instruments/equipment of your own choice. These details will specify the production of a piece of music of approximately two minutes in length and should take no longer than three hours to complete.
Please upload your completed exercise to Dropbox by no later than 12 noon on the day before your interview. Instructions about how to submit the exercise will be included in the creative task document.
Interviews will be held in March 2023 via Zoom. At the interview, you will be required to:
- discuss your electronic work to date
- present the results of your creative exercise
- discuss future aspirations
- Outcomes will be issued once all candidates have been interviewed. As interviews often span several weeks, candidates should expect results to arrive up to 1 month after interview. We aim to issue outcomes as soon as possible and thank you for your patience.