Guildhall School Policies
*The Office of the Independent Adjudicator offers higher education students the option to invoke formal independent complaints adjudication where all internal complaints procedures have resulted in an unresolved matter.
Further details on how to raise a concern, for current students and staff, is available on MyGuildhall.
Student Support Statement
The School will be proactive in its provision of student support and will endeavour to secure equality of opportunity by:
- ensuring that student support services are oriented towards the needs of an increasingly diverse student body and are appropriate in their range of quality;
- ensuring that the organisational structures supporting student support services are effective in sustaining their delivery, development and evaluation;
- ensuring the progressive effectiveness and efficiency of student support services by setting annual targets for action;
- ensuring that student opinion is actively elicited in the development and evaluation of student support services;
- ensuring a strategic approach to the development of student support services;
- ensuring that there is congruence with all constituent School policies/strategies related to student support and particularly the:
· School's purpose, goals and strategic plan
· disabilities policy
· equal opportunities policy
· appeals procedures
· grievance procedures
· student disciplinary procedures
· facilities strategy
- ensuring that support services are matched to need by both appropriate resourcing and by staff development within available funding;
- ensuring that student support services are subject to regular review and evaluation based on accurate qualitative and quantitative data;
- communicating the student support policy clearly to all concerned, in the medium most appropriate to the needs of the person requiring it.
City of London Policies
Please note that the School is also subject to City of London Policies.